Kashmir, a forgotten paradise (Cachemire, le paradis oublié)
© Marie Dorigny 2002/2003
shoomz replied to your post: i want to make an audio post with a british accent…
i have a london accent and currently have a lisp because of my retainers, Loool. would be interesting to hear your impersination of me lol
This wonderful individual right here imitating my accent :,)
- Fatima (sa): This is the last day of my life. I want to wash my children's hair and clothes, because they will soon be orphans, without a mother!
- Ali (as): Instruct me to do anything you wish, daughter of Allah's Messenger.
- Fatima (sa): Cousin, you are not accustomed to me being a False-teller, undevoted, or have I disobeyed you since I have become your companion?
- Ali (as): Allah forbid!! You are more knowing of Allah, more devoted, more pious, and more honorable and more fearing of Allah than (to give me a reason) to reprimand you for disobeying me. Surely it is very painful for me to be separated from you and to lose you; but it is an inevitable destination. By Allah, you have renewed the sorrow I have just encountered with the death of Allah's Messenger; surely your death and departure will be a great calamity, but 'to Allah do we belong, and to Him shall we return.What a painful, bitter and sad calamity. Surely this is a calamity for which there is not consolement, and a disaster for which there is no compensation.
- Then they both cried and Imam Ali (as) embraced her head and said:
- Fatima (sa): "May Allah reward you with the best of goodness. Cousin, firstly I ask you to marry after my death, my niece Umamah; surely she will be to my children as I was. Besides, men cannot do without women.
- Fatima (sa): I ask you not to let anyone who did injustice to me to witness my funeral, for they certainly are enemies of mine, and the enemy of Allah's Messenger. Also don't give them the chance to pray over me, nor to any of their followers. Bury me at night when eyes are rested and sight is put to sleep.
- Asma waited awhile, then called Fatima's name... but there was no answer;
- Asma repeated: O daughter of the chosen Muhammad! O daughter of the most honorable of them whom women bore!O daughter of the best of those who have walked on gravel! O daughter of him who was at 'A distance of but two bow-lengths or (even) nearer" (a Quranic verse, (53:9))
- Hasnain (as): Where is our mother?
- Hassan and Hussain proceeded towards their mother and found her dead.
- At this, Hussain turned towards Hassan and said: May Allah console you for our Mother!
- Imam Ali (as) was at the Mosque. Hassan and Hussain went to the Mosque and broke the news to their father. As soon as he (as) heard their words, he fell unconscious. When he regained consciousness, he said:
- Ali (as): Who will console me now, daughter of Muhammad? You used to console me, so who will take your place now?
- 103 notes - 4 June 2013